It covers how and why I collect some of your personal information. What I do with it and how I protect it. Plus what your rights are in relation to the data I hold about you.
Greenwich SEO is a Email Marketing Consultancy solely owned by Iyabo Agiri, and is a data controller which means I decide how your personal data is processed and for what purposes (in relation to my business)
Personal data relates to a living individual who can be identified from that data. Identification can be by the information alone or in conjunction with any other information in the data controller’s possession or likely to come into such possession.
The processing and protection of personal data is governed by the General Data Protection (GDPR).
Greenwich SEO complies with its obligations under the GDPR by taking all reasonable measures to:
- keep personal data up to date
- store and destroy it securely
- avoid collecting or retaining excessive amounts of data
- protect personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure
- ensure that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect personal data.
Information I collect from you may be used in one or more of the following ways:
- To personalise your experience – your information helps me to better respond to your individual needs.
- To improve my website – I continually strive to improve my website offerings based on the information and feedback I receive from you.
- To validate you are a real person.
- To process financial transactions.
- To notify you of services / products you may be interested in.
- Your information, whether public or private, will not be sold, exchanged, transferred, or given to any other company for any reason whatsoever, without your consent, other than for the express purpose of delivering the purchased product or our services to you. The email address you provide for order processing will be used to send you information and updates pertaining to your order and my services.
There are a variety of security measures in place to maintain the safety of your personal information when you place an order or enter, submit, or access your personal information.
- I make use of a secure and resilient hosting platform.
- All supplied sensitive/credit information is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our Payment gateway providers database only to be accessible by those authorised with special access rights to such systems, and who are required to keep the information confidential.
I do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist me in operating my website, conducting my business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential.
I may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others rights, property, or safety.
However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Occasionally, at my discretion, I may include or offer third party products or services on our website. These third party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, I seek to protect the integrity of my site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
I am required under UK tax law to keep your basic personal data (name, address, contact details) for a minimum of 7 years after which time it will be destroyed.
Your information that I use for marketing purposes will be kept with me indefinitely until you notify us that you no longer wish to receive this information. At that point it will usually be deleted within 2 working days.
Under the GDPR, unless subject to an exemption, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data:
- The right to request a copy of your personal data which the I hold about you.
- The right to request that I correct any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date.
- The right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary for me to retain such data.
- The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing.
- The right to object to the processing of personal data, e.g. marketing, profiling etc.
- The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO).
If you wish to discuss or exercise any of these rights, please contact the Data Protection Officer (DPO) here who will be pleased to assist you.
Exceptions to this are when such information is necessary, for example, as part of a sales order transaction.